About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not to be there again....

And another bad day!

There was an invitation for a one-man-show in Bangkok which costs 1,200 baht each ticket. The English teachers in our school were required to go see the show. There was no problem with this because the tickets were paid for by   our school but everybody of us was so upset because nobody did not like the show. It sure was a stand-up comedy but we did not benefit from the show at all. It was just a waste of time. The comedian spoke in perfect Thai. Actually, his show was just a translation of some of the slap-sticks popular among the Northern people of Thailand. We could have appreciated if our boss explained beforehand that the actor was a young male American who speaks Thai and great at  introducing jokes  about offensive comedy themes in his show so that we could have stayed home  and watched Tom and Jerry instead.

The thing was that- we came all the way from a far place (4 hours ride) just to make the guy rich in a minute with his offensive blah blahs. I just can't imagine what those little boys and girls were thinking during the show.... makes my hair stand on ends!!!yaiks!!!!

I'm very sorry for my rude comments but I don't want to be cool with such value-degrading show....

No comments:

Post a Comment