About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Secured Banking??

What a bad day!

Just this early afternoon, a caller from Hong Kong was inquiring about an account that's overdue from  the use of  "my" credit card. I knew he was calling from Hong Kong because the incoming number registered +88........... Duh! How could that be? I hate to tell that I long dreamt to have a credit card that's issued by a "big" bank but in no way to use it to purchase through online. I immediately contacted my bank and related the incident to which the officer-in-charge assuringly said that my account was not touched or virtually was not hacked. It came to my mind that I almost lost my hard-earned money to a swindler. He introduced himself as my bank's officer and was on his way to ask me numbers which rang the alarm! To safeguard my account, I changed my  number  and  other information relating to my bank transactions. uh uh...

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you kept it cool and critical. I don't know how many times I have gotten e-mails telling me I have won X amount of money! I wish! Now I just need to give them all my info to receive the money, LOL!

    Take care,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for caring, Alexandra.
    Scams come in all forms we never know until we realize that easy money is hard to come by.
    It's always safer to think that we earn when we work hard..lol

    ReplyDelete