About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Job Applicant's Mistake

Did you ever try sending an application letter and its attachment unchecked for the last minute before sealing the envelope? It would be embarrassing to have sent one with the wrong attachment, say, a copy of your grocery items or your income tax return. Related to this is a story below about a Registered Nurse who did not check what she sent to her prospective employer. Read on......



Catherine, a RN, was unhappy with her job, so she submitted her resignation. She was sure she'd have no trouble finding a new position, because of the nursing shortage in her area.

She e-mailed cover letters to dozens of potential employers and attached her resume to each one. Two weeks later, Catherine was dismayed and bewildered that she had not received even one request for an interview.

Finally she received a message from a prospective employer that explained the reason she hadn't heard from anyone else.

It read: "Your resume was not attached as stated. I do, however, want to thank you for the vegetable lasagna recipe."

Lesson: Always check the contents of  application letters' envelope  before posting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment