About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Twelve In A Row Part 2

At The Van station

Thanks God. After the confusing directions by the bystanders, we're able to locate the right place.

At the van station,the ticketing woman noticed we're not Thais so, she tried her English. "You go to RATBURI?" I was astonished by her English so, I said"Yes, we are going to Daruna school.''. The woman understood and gave us our ticket of 120 Baht  each.  My hubby paid and she gave him back his  60 Baht change. She sent us inside the van. After waiting for some passengers, the ticketing woman approached to us and asked my husband if how much change he gave her. My eyebrows met and my eyeballs began to move from left to right.Unluckily Koko  himself couldn't remember. Old Age syndrome? I butted in. I explained that Koko gave her  bills by the hundreds but wasn't sure,too if 2  or 3 bills in hundreds. She seemed to recall and she apologized and left. I discussed it with my husband but it seemed Koko couldn't rewind his memory. (proof of old age)

I got off from the van and asked the woman in my friendly tone but she just said,"sorry, sorry. Nevermind."but I couldn't be at peace if it was unsettled. I was afraid she might be repaying her boss if she did the miscalculation.We  pondered inside the van. The 60 Baht is not much to be stolen  from somebody's purse right?
We decided to gave her back the change though she was hesitant . Whether she was playing trick on us but what we wanted was a safe trip and no grudges.

We headed to Daruna-Ratchaburi and after an hour and thirty minutes ride the driver stopped by a food shop and announced to the  remaining passengers ,"Ratburi! Ratburi !" Before I had the chance to ask the man , he told us to get down the van and take the car parked in front or else it will leave and have to wait for another upcoming scheduled van. Both drivers talked with each other and I saw the latter nodded his head.  I began to worry so I went to the older man and told him we were bound  to Daruna School. He explained he couldn't take us but  instead the other driver will take us there and not to worry for the fare.Actually that's what I wanted to know. It's free! So, we had to hurry before the driver changed his mind.
We visited Elia's school.(Daruna school)



Three  Marias! (Elia,Me,Madam Delia)



At Robinson-Ratchaburi


Daruna Church









Me,Elia and the bull
Fasten your seatbelt for more stories at Daruna. Coming up next!.......

No comments:

Post a Comment