About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Twelve In A Row Part 12



The Bus Conductor

It was so dark and quiet at the bus station  and the only late shops and spot lights along the road give glow to the place but even though Koko and I felt secured.  It’s calmness was friendly until we realized it  wasn’t our first time or second time .  We hadn’t learned our lesson yet.

our ticket........whaaaaat?
We were delighted when the bus arrived. We hopped in and passed by some passengers comfortably coiled sound asleep.  The conductor came to our seats and gave our tickets without any word and went away but what surprised me was the figures on those small  pieces of paper.  Koko and I were speechless for a second staring at each other.   We sensed something must be wrong.  This bus was an ordinary one and normally, ordinary buses collect only 70, 75 or 80 Baht the most.  The guy came back to collect fares so, I asked him pretending not to see the figures but he said it’s 80 Baht. I was puzzled so I showed him the ticket he gave earlier pointing at the figures  but he disagreed by shaking his head.   Koko gave him 200 Baht and later  Koko got a change of 40 Baht. Another way of cheating us! Maybe the conductor was hoping that we would just give him what the ticket was asking for (100 baht each) but was dismayed when he knew that I am a frequent traveler and that I know the regular fare (80 baht).

What was that? We presumed the man ran out of ink to write the correct figure over the ready- made ticket. Lol! Koko silenced me with his finger not to be bothered again for the man doesn’t want to speak more. The only word that came out from his mouth was the 80 Baht plus his shaking head.

We rested quietly like other passengers  and relaxed until we reached our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment