About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Twelve In A Row Part 8

At The Ticketing Counter

Wake up! Wake up! Now we’re in Victory Monument.
My droopy eyes weren‘t cooperative this time.  Koko was gentleman enough to carry my  bag and  he kept a firm hold on my arm like a grandpa and a grand daughter crossing the road.
We stopped at a food shop for a quick late lunch. Our hungry parasites couldn’t complain anymore. After a decent meal, we headed directly to the van station bound for Aranya Prathet (near Cambodia border).  Koko made the arrangement at the ticketing counter while I sat down on a long bench and cuddled my bag for more sleep.

What’s taking Koko so long? I opened my right eye and I could vision him plus four men at the counter(same group of drivers).  My hubby’s face was as red as a tomato. I knew right away they were looking for our passports again.

I felt secured when Koko came to join me and I really couldn’t win over these droopy eyes. After a short nap I felt a slight touch on my shoulder and  I could see a tall man with big muscles standing in front of me. He asked me if we weren’t Thais and I said yes. I dug out our passports and I showed him mine explaining everything in detail and before he left I told him in my unhappy tone. “Why,  don’t you remember us? We were your frequent riders for more than 6 years. We worked at Suppawit school .” The other guy at the counter asked me  back  why my husband bought a ticket not bound to our place of work. I smiled at him and told him we were dropping by Aranya Prathet because we would buy some groceries and personal needs. The 2 other guys  couldn’t control themselves and sneered at their red-faced fellow. Lol!

I know they really didn’t care about it but I just like them (all 4 men) to bear in their minds that we were now unhappy with their service and shall change ride if they do the same act again and again. This was the second time that they checked on us and besides they were not policemen or immigration officers . How about if we didn’t bring our passports  along with us? Then we couldn’t go back home? We were really not pleased this time because we’re their loyal costumers for more than 6 years. I was unhappy and I really liked to report this to their boss.  They didn’t know I have their boss contact number.

What is awaiting us?

No comments:

Post a Comment