About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Country Butterfly

I tried translating the song Paru-Parung Bukid into English but I find Mr. R.Verzola's better. 

English Translation of "Paru-Parung Bukid" by Roberto Verzola

I just saw a butterfly,
flitting and floating by;
waiting by the main trail,
fluttering in the air.
Sari wrapped around her,
sleeves as wide as my palm,
Skirt’s a trifle oversized,
ends dragging on the ground.
-
Her hair held with a pin
Oh!
Her hand twirling a comb
Oh!
Decorated half-slip,
drawing others to peep.
Then she faces the stage,
ogling her own image,
She would come and tease us,
hips swaying like a duck.


Attribution:  http://rverzola.wordpress.com/2008/10/31/paru-parong-bukid-english-translation/

No comments:

Post a Comment