About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Twelve In A Row Part 4




Another Double-Dealer

We were getting late for our appointment  but we couldn’t just waste our money to another double- dealer.
We almost toured around the market when we saw another pick-up. We were  hoping he isn’t a kin of that  beguiler man.
As I was the one who can speak Thai fluently, it was then  my duty to inquire and to bargain.  Before I could complain ,the two pushed me near  the pick-up.  I hesitantly asked the man for a ride but unfortunately he was bound to another side of the globe.  Lol!  In his hope to gain more money , he  persuaded us  for a single trip of 400Baht. It would mean 800Baht for  two ways.   It seemed that  as we walked  farther the more these  double dealers wanted to milk us.
We were on the go when we heard him in his coaxing  tone ,” Ao mai nu? Mai mee rot laew na. Tur atjai pai mai tahn nad kadai na.” (Do you want to take  a ride ? There’s no available trip and you might be late in your appointment.”  I smiled and  said in my gracious humor, “ Thank you, uncle and never mind.  There’s nothing  to worry about.”( the priest  will be in the church anyway.)
Another treacherous man!
Did we make a wrong decision to turn down the offer of the first man? What shall we do? Take it or leave it?

Happy wandering  with us…….To Daruna Nu Kroh.

No comments:

Post a Comment