About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Monday, September 6, 2010

Twelve In A Row Part 3


The Pick-up Driver1

Early Sunday morning at six, we(Elia,Koko,Me) walked to the market to get a "Song tew" pick-up truck  to Daruna Church for an appointment with the priest.

We had been walking for a long distance but we couldn't see any "Song tew " around. Elia was happy to spot one. I presumed the man, shaving his beard with his mouth tilted infront of a tiny mirror   was the driver. "Kothot na ka, Kun loong ka, Rao ja pai Daruna Nu Kroh . Tae rao tawng nag rot tee nai dee ka?'' ( Excuse me. Uncle ,were going to Daruna Nu Kroh. Where shall we take a ride?) Uncle put down his blade and told us there weren't  any trip today since it was a Sunday.I decided to ask his car rent but it seemed to us that he over priced. He suggested for 300 Baht per trip. Quickly my brain did the calculation.

 Oh, uncle must be  taking advantage for there were no other cars available yet. We thanked him and left. After a few steps I looked back and saw him shaving. Hehehe. I'm used to dealing with people like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment