About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Monday, September 27, 2010

"Paru-Parung Bukid" by American Choir

The Filipinos have been singing American songs- traditional songs like "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and we are always delighted with how we sing  and interpret it through rhythmic movements. But what about these American choir members of Northwest Missouri State University singing our very own "Paru-parung Bukid" with   Filipino grace? It's not surprising though to see or hear Americans sing Philippine songs or speak in Filipino because the Filipinos have conquered the Americas, especially Los Angeles County  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Filipino_American_populations  as a matter of fact.

Let them not put us to shame by learning the song. The lyrics appear below:

Paru-Parung Bukid


Paruparong bukid na lilipad-lipad 
Sa gitna ng daan papagapagaspas 
Isang bara ang tapis 
Isang dangkal ang manggas 
Ang sayang de kola 
Isang piyesa ang sayad 

May panyeta pa siya -- uy! 
May suklay pa mandin -- uy! 
Nagwas de-ohetes ang palalabasin 
Haharap sa altar at mananalamin 
At saka lalakad na pakendeng-kendeng.


See them at  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aCinWb0-ks

I'm trying to make the translation in my next blog. Check this out......

No comments:

Post a Comment