About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Thursday, August 5, 2010

CONSUELO DE BOBO


In the past, it was the practice of the school to give prizes to teachers who did their best whether in teaching or in coaching competitions, sometimes for being loyal and for giving a name to the school. These prizes might be in cash, certificates, gifts or in any kinds. This act of appreciating talents, skills,  patience or contributions made by  teachers means a lot. We say, it gives inspiration to the teachers. Recognizing the efforts of teachers by this means of appreciation would really build up the teachers. It encourages everyone to work harder and sometimes they might even work voluntariIy. I myself sometimes refuse to do works being given. I even reason out that I can’t do it , I am not free , I don’t know how to do it or for whatever reason I  just  do not want  more works. Why excert much effort when it doesn’t mean anything to the boss?  We sometimes make jokes when they say we made great things. “Thank you, but I need cash.” Sometimes it was  just a joke but  it could really mean other thing, right?  Last week I  heard my name over the microphone. The  acting school director was calling for me. Up on the stage I got a certificate and attached was an envelope. Upon reaching my chair I slowly  opened the envelope. What was inside? Wow! It’s surprising  I got a 1000 Baht bill .  I smiled and I said to myself , “I  have been waiting for this for centuries.” But at least it wasn’t too late that the school decided to reward teachers  who excerted  their efforts. I planned to laminate this certificate as my memory in this school. What about my 1000B will I laminate it? Anyway , my heartfelt thanks to the boss.





No comments:

Post a Comment