About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

THAI LANGUAGE DAY

Last Friday ,my school celebrated   วันภาษาไทย (Thai Language Day).

This is one way   to commemorate  how their language came to be. As usual our school prepared a half day activity. Regular classes in the morning and then after lunch the students were gathered  in their respective places in the playground. Each level except grade one students  have their own  simple exhibits. The grade 2/2 students  demonstrated on how to cook a Thai dessert  cooked in banana leaves. The teacher called for me to make “KHANOM KUWAI”. It ‘s a mixture of a fine ground meat of  coconut ,coconut milk, mashed banana and sugar wrapped in  banana leaves. I tried it though. The demonstration seemed easy but when I tried, oh I lose my face to my students. They began teasing me. One said, “KRU THAM MAI PHEN, GEEN YANG DIYAW “(the teacher doesn’t know how to make, but she’s good in eating). Oh my, my, that’s true but did he have to say it? So I said  to the boy in my stern voice , “ NU,  MANEE SAWN KRU HAI NOI . DAI KRU THAM YUE YUE ,DAI GEEN YUE YUE “ Co me here  ,  teach me how  so I can make a lot  and I will eat more. It made my students laugh and smile while helping one another.

























The grade 2/3 demonstrated on how to make a simple dragonfly. I even tried to make myself one. The patterns and materials were easy to prepare.




Enhanced by Zemanta
                






While the grade 6 students presented a debate about  The pros – cons of using cellphones.







No comments:

Post a Comment