About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Teach and Learn Part 4

My Naughty Students  Made Promises
Today I planned  to call on the names of my  students one after the other  so I would know who  owns  the notebook with the  word SE_ that’s boldly printed on the cover page . My students came into my room. They were very quiet this time because their adviser  sent them to my room. Oh, my beloved students were behaving good this time. I was a bit happy but didn’t let the students notice it. We finished the day’s discussion . I wrote the sentences on the board and instructed the students to rearrange  them according to the story. The students were quietly working so I was thinking this wasn’t be a tough day.  Before the bell rang,  I collected the notebooks . I started with number one ,  two, three and so on until I caught the culprit (who owns the notebook with the  word SE_) I set aside his notebook. Others followed to hand their notes and at the end I gathered 6 notebooks. They did not write anything. I dismissed the students leaving the 6 students behind. I asked them why they didn’t work while infact  the activity was easy. I started   to ask  Jessie ,pointing at the word, SE_”Do you know this word? Will you read it for me?” Instead of him answering me his friend Joshua read aloud and laughed. All of them began laughing.  I told Jessie to erase that word. Now I faced  the other student who doesn’t belong to the J’s group.  I asked her,  Poi (not the real name) why didn’t you work?  Do you do this in your other subjects?” YESSS!, the other five chorused. I went on.  “Who is your mother?” She answered me in Thai, ”TAENG TE GUET MA CHAN MAI KUEY HEN MAE LUEY”( Since I was born, I didn’t see my mother.) So I said, “Why do you speak like that. If your mother will know about it, will she be happy? BLAH, BLAH, BLAH . Now I faced the 5 J’s. “Last time , you promised to do good. But why ? Why didn’t you work? See your notebooks . There’s nothing in it except your drawings. How many times you made promises with me? (Jinky started counting her fingers to play jokes …)Do you like to me to talk with your parents?  Tell me honestly. Do you respect your parents ? If you don’t ,well this is the school whether you like it or not you have to. This your last chance I will  report this to the principal and you  will be reprimanded.” Blah blah blah my heart was aching. I didn’t know what to do with these students. I was fed up. But suddenly the  students chorused, “KOTHOT KAP ,TEACHER. CHAN JA MAI HAI TEACHER GROT EAK LAEW KAP, CHAN JA TANGJAI LEYAN KAP”. ( I am sorry teacher. I won’t make the teacher angry again. I will intend to learn.)They were all staring at me . Their eyes were turning red and were pleading. I couldn’t believe what ‘s going on.  But it’s enough am tired of them. I sent them  to their room after my last word. We were all quiet. I hope they meant what they said. They were sorry. UGHHHHHHHHHH my heart…..

What’s next ? Will they be the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment