About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Monday, August 9, 2010

Lucky Luck: Fortune Sticks

This is like a juke box. Inside the window screen is a small figurine or a  blessed statue decorated with colorful flickering lights.  People who like to know their fortune  will  lit the incense and  concentrate to pray for their good luck before shaking the canister filled with bamboo sticks.  Several bamboo sticks have  words, numbers or codes  written on them . People will shake the canister with their  intention or prayer until one stick falls out.  Not anyone can just play for his fortune with this fortune sticks.  You can’t just close your eyes, concentrate , shake for your fortune ,then just select for a more  favorable one .   Which stick falls in front of you while shaking the canister is your fortune. The fortune on that stick has a corresponding meaning or interpretation for  you to see and may take along. How about if several sticks fall out from the canister?  It happened when our friend did shake shake, shake the canister.  So ,she did  it again, this time she concentrated  and there was only stick  in front of her.  She slowly picked the bamboo stick and saw the number printed on it. She went to see the small pieces of paper  (where she can read the meaning of her fortune)   posted on the board but unluckily there weren’t any paper. The decoding papers had gone out.  How will she know her fate ? Who will interpret her fortune?


























No more copies....

No comments:

Post a Comment