About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Teach and learn Part3


My Naughty Students Made My Day

The  students made my day yesterday. I was really boiling in my  grade 6 English class .  I have a lot of naughty students that always make my day. They were naughty students that they do what they like to do depending on their moods.  There were some  other naughty students , too but they were easier to handle than this 5 peers of students.

Yesterday I knew surely that  something was going to happen as I experienced it for the past years every time I handled this class.  This was the story.  The students were enjoying reading their “Story Tellers book”  about  “ THE RICH GIRL,POOR GIRL  EPISODE 2”. When suddenly at the middle of the class, Joshua tore a small part of  the book  then  inserted it in his mouth  as if it’s a handful of food. He enjoyed  the taste while grinding between  his teeth. All of a sudden he spitted on the table with the accompanying sound , THWEY!  Off course he got our attention the very beginning that he tore a part of his book..NO, no, not  his book .It’s the schools book we were borrowing.  I was supposed  to attack him  and tell to  mind his manners but  oh my, oh my, my pulse …take it slow. I went near  his place and ask him, “ WHY WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?”  IF YOU DON’T LIKE TO READ JUST KEEP STILL . He didn’t say any word but his eyes were ready to attack me. I didn’t bother ‘cause I know it so well something might happen if I talk a lot minding him. I know I won’t stop for sure if I start to BLAH BLAH BLAH… I was  afraid I’d hit him.

But another guy , Jessie stood up and transferred to another group and banged  the chair with the table.  He settled himself with his right foot up. My head began to ache.  I asked him: Jessie, didn’t I tell everybody to sit in his respective groups? Look at yourself . Thank you for sitting  properly.  I told him  if only  he  just  walked slowly from his group to the group he wanted to join and slowly pulled a chair to settle but  he intentionally did it noisily to attract us. He didn’t like me minding his behavior. He pouted.
I finally related the story and changed my mind not to let them make a booklet instead draw pictures reflecting the story.  I was expecting  JESSIE, JOSHUA, JUDE and JINKY  will do their work like the other students do. The students handed in their work and I took the remaining time to check. I finished checking a  number  of notebooks and I saw this word written boldy  in the cover page..… SE_( can u guess the last letter?) This notebook belongs to one of the 5 peers. I didn’t say any word. I planned next meeting I will announce to the class whose notebook had  the word SE_?
TO be continued next meeting …..What is awaiting for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment