About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mother but I still find time to blog. Actually,I have a lovely daughter who inspired me to blog so you'll find my pages inundated with posts about her. I'm just new to blogging but I would like to post anything that pops up in my mind and share them. Since my first language is not English, please bear with me. I am open to suggestions and constructive criticisms. Please post your comments also. Thanks and happy reading....

Monday, August 9, 2010

Lucky Luck

 The Giant Trees
1.Today I would like to show you these not extra –ordinary trees which Thais pay respect to.  They strongly believe that there is luck brought by these giant trees.
Four days ago while on our way home from Big C, the Thai teacher, our driver decided  to bring us (my hubby, me, Tina ,Maem and Baby Om) to a nearby temple in Srakeao where these dead giant trees were awaiting luck-hunters.
3304 years old
3334 years old









































This old tree was believed to be 3,334 years old.  This sleeping log was brought to the temple as it was relayed from mouth to mouth that an old monk dreamt that this old tree should be placed near that  temple. As time goes by, Thais came to pay respect, do dancing, pray and offer goods for them to be lucky.

2 . The Big Jars
.This big jar beside the tree is  like the wishing well.  Thais believe that lucky people could see numbers-perfect numbers for lottery.   I did not see  any number even though how much I tried .  In every corner were the lame people selling lotteries.  One man was calling for me to buy his ticket but I wasn’t sure.  I liked to win but I did not see  any number in the jar. I might ask my hubby about it.  There he was busy taking pictures.  I walked towards my husband pretended not  to see the man waving at me to buy his tickets.
looking closely for a lucky number















Enhanced by Zemanta












to be continued with the fortune sticks 

No comments:

Post a Comment